CSR & Sustainability
WE ARE MAKING CSR & SUSTAINABILITY A PRIORITY
ISEE 2022 promotes Corporate Social Responsibility taking and supporting actions and initiatives which reflect our identity and sense of responsibility to society and people. Attendees will be active members in various activities and will have the satisfaction of the contribution to society and their fellow human beings.
Tailor-made Aid Box
You can donate unopened amenities by creating your own Aid Box, to be collected by the City of Athens Homeless Foundation in their bid to ease problems faced by people who, for whatever reason, are without shelter or whose home is unsafe and inadequate.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare. MSF aids people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF was founded in France in 1971 by a group of doctors and journalists. Today, it is a worldwide movement of 21 sections, 24 associations and various other offices, bound together by MSF International which provides coordination, information, and support to the MSF Movement.
Everyday more than 30.000 health professionals, logistical and administrative staff work on programs in more than 60 countries worldwide.
The Greek section of MSF was founded in 1990. Since then, hundreds of its members have taken part in various missions in countries like Syria, Haiti, Palestine, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, etc. In Greece, MSF interventions include humanitarian medical assistance to refugees and migrants, basic healthcare to vulnerable people as well as public awareness activities.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Create your own Tailor-made Aid Box for the City of Athens Homeless Foundation. It will be collected by the congress secretariat.
- Choose one of the many ways you can support MSF. See here.
No portion of food wasted
The partner catering company will donate all leftover food portions to the non-profit organization Boroume.
Its mission is to reduce food waste and to fight malnutrition in Greece.
Through the “Saving & Offering Food” program they save food on a daily basis from many sources and they offer it to charities that help people who are facing food insecurity. Their actions help the most vulnerable in our society as well as the environment by reducing organic food waste.
Childcare services for children aged 2+ will be provided during the ISEE 2022 conference. There will be a specially assigned room in the conference venue for childcare from Monday 19th of September to Wednesday 21st from 9.00-17.00. There is no associated cost for this service.
ISEE 2022 aims to minimize the environmental impact of the event and contribute towards a safe and healthy environment. Implements numerous measures, from the planning of the event to execution and from the moment you start looking into your travel arrangements until you are back from the conference. This congress aspires to bring about sustainable solutions, to act as an inspiration and to raise the level of both learning and awareness, that the positive impacts will outweigh the negative.
- We select local suppliers to avoid long distance transport of goods and people
- We avoid printing and aim for an almost paperless office
- We offer contactless check-in for delegates and congress visitors
- We reduce energy consumption by applying LED lighting and screens
- We reduce the number and variety of amenities
- We offer a reusable bottle to refill it with water on the water stations provided
- We choose catering partners with compost food and waste programs
- We select seasonal and regional food for the catering
- We encourage delegates to walk to and from meeting sessions and promote the use of public transportation i.e. metro, hybrid buses, trolleybuses, trams.
- We run a carbon management program with a specialized company to measure and reduce emissions
- We aim for Carbon neutralization of the carbon footprint of the congress by calculating compensation, choosing to support a UN project that is positive for the environment and the climate.
Carbon Management Program
In the context of the Carbon Management Program that is implemented by ISEE 2022, we invite all delegates to answer the following questionnaire:
In 4.2 MW Renewable Energy-Wind, located in the village of Kurukkalpatti in the district of Tirunelveli (UN Project 6667)
- Choose the best way to travel to Greece to reduce carbon emissions (plane, train, or boat) by using the calculator
- Use public transport instead of a taxi when navigating through the city
- When using a taxi, you might think of sharing it with one of your fellow delegates
- The Venue MAICC is situated right in the heart of Athens. Commuting to and from the town center or other locations is very easy.
- Choose one of the hotels we cooperate with that are committed to green energy
- Only use the air conditioning if it is necessary
- Turn off the lights and TV when leaving the room
- Select the type and amount of food during meals sensibly to avoid food waste
During the Congress
- Bring your own folding travel cup for coffee/tea to prevent takeaway cups
- Bring your own bottle of water and refill it
- Only pick up printed marketing and information material that you are really interested in and that you will use
- Use the dedicated recycling bins throughout the venue
We suggest you download the congress mobile app